Simcenter 3D Optimization
Automating the product performance process
Simcenter 3D optimization solutions streamline and automate that process by using sophisticated algorithms to search the entire design space and find the right combination of parameters that will yield optimal design and performance. To help the program know what you mean by optimal, you specify design and performance objectives for characteristics such asminimum weight, shape constraints and minimum stress or strain. Design parameters that you can vary include geometric, material and connectivity properties.
Reduce design risk and accelerate innovation
By better understanding the complex relationships among design parameters and how changes affect them, you can gather insight into product performance risk and accelerate innovation by determining feasible designs that satisfy all requirements.
Shorten time-to-market with confidence
Analyze your product performance deviations from specifications in a variety of operating conditions, and shorten time-to-market by automating thousands of simulations that would otherwise have to be performed manually.
The Simcenter 3D optimization solution can help designers in virtually any industry to achieve a better understanding of the complex relationships among design parameters and how changes affect these rela-tionships. It can also help them realize a better design.
Aerospace and defense
- Airplane frame weight reduction and balancing attributes such as stiffness, modal frequencies, buckling loads
- Airplane wing weight reduction and balancing attributes such as stiffness, modal frequencies, buckling loads
- Airplane weight reduction and balancing attributes for composite airplanes (laminate/ply thicknesses)
- Satellite optimization for thermal stress and distortion, composites, modal frequency
- Launch structure weight reduction
- Aero engine fan shape optimization (compensation for centrifuge and other mechanical effects)
- Aero engine compressor weight reduction and performance balancing
- Aero engine turbine weight reduction and performance balancing
- Aero engine casing weight reduction
Automotive and transportation
- Body roof crush, panel strength, stiffness, frame durability
- Powertrain/driveline performance optimization, torque loads, thermal stress and distortion
- Chassis harshness loads, suspension deflections
- Suspension performance optimization and weight reduction
- Off-highway vehicles balancing weight reduction with strength, durability, rollover protection structure (ROPS), stability
- Manufacturing tool thermal stress and distortion, modal frequency, bolted stresses
- Support structure stability, stress
- Full ship stiffness, deformation, strength optimization, weight reduction
• Packaging shape optimization
Simcenter Nastran Topology Optimization
Simcenter Nastran Topology Optimization software offers the capability to optimize many different criteria in support of generative engineering. The solution enables the user to optimize the topology of regions defined as solids or shells and offers the capability to predict solid and lattice zones.
- Many methods are available to build the finite element (FE) model: orphan mesh, single computer-aided design (CAD) part and single finite element method (FEM), CAD assembly and single FEM or AFEM
- The design areas can be constructed using 2D shell or 3D solid elements and there can be multiple design areas with different materials representing different parts in an assembly, or homogenized meta-materials (lattices, varying density printed materials, etc.)
- Within a single topology optimization, the user can have any mix of analysis subcases selected from linear statics, normal modes, buckling analysis, direct and modal frequency
- There are hundreds of responses available for the objective and constraints
- Synthetic variables and responses can be created and combined with other responses in equations as responses for the objective and constraints
Simcenter 3D Design Space Exploration
Simcenter 3D Design Space Exploration brings the power of parametric design space exploration to the desk of the user with low cost of adoption. It helps companies to move beyond standard use of simulation for validation, troubleshooting and basic prediction by automatically exploring broader design spaces to more rapidly discover much better designs.
The user can leverage smooth process automation, which simplifies the virtual prototype build process to exploit the distributed execution that accelerates vir-tual prototype testing. This enables the user to access efficient design search capabilities without the need for simplifying models. Additionally, the user has access to a complete insight and discovery interface that is a central part of virtual product development rather than an afterthought.
• Design space exploration and optimization for Simcenter 3D models
• Extensive support for Simcenter 3D model parameterization (including geometry, materials, finite element characteristics, solution parameters, etc.)
• Automates workflows, which streamlines data transfer across tools, eliminates errors in the process and significantly increases the efficiency
• Plethora of design-of-experiment (DoE) algorithms
• Cutting edge SHERPA optimization strategy, the advanced auto-tuning optimization strategy for single and multi-objective optimization
• Support for mixed continuous/discrete variable problems with multiple constraints
• A powerful but easy-to-use data analytics solution for gaining valuable insights into designs and design space
• Support for surrogate model creation and export