Simcenter 3D Acoustics
Accelerate acoustic meshing and modeling
Advanced features, such as surface wrapping, convex meshing, mesh thickening and the ability to create hybrid (hexa-tetra) meshes, help you accelerate acous-tic meshing processes more than traditional preproces-sors. The availability of various material models for both structure and fluid and the wide variety of struc-tural and acoustic boundary conditions and loads allow you to efficiently set up your analysis
Deliver high-fidelity vibro-acoustic simulations in the most efficient way
Simcenter 3D increases the realism in your simulations by providing support for loads or source creation from test data and predecessor multi-body or computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations. Simcenter Nastran® software is used to rapidly solve complex interior and exterior acoustics problems thanks to key features like automatically matched layer (AML) and finite element adaptive order (FEMAO) technology, which allow you to use small fluid meshes with an optimal number of degrees-of-freedom (DOF) per frequency.
Faster design-analysis iterations with CAD-CAE-test associativity
Simcenter 3D seamlessly links to computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided engineering (CAE) and even test data. Any design modification can be easily introduced to the structural and/or acoustic model, eliminating multiple conversions between file formats and recreating models.
Gain instantaneous insight with acoustic-specific postprocessing
Simcenter 3D provides easy-to-interpret and intuitive postprocessing tools to investigate noise as sound pressure level (SPL), acoustic power or directivity. Path, modal and panel contribution analysis helps to rapidly identify the important noise sources and their propagation.
Since noise can impact health, and a quiet product is often perceived as higher in quality, companies are adopting efficient processes and tools to optimize the noise performance of their products.
Aerospace and defense
With Simcenter 3D, aviation engineers can predict cabin noise generated by turbulent boundary layers (TBL) on the fuselage or by aero -acoustic noise coming from the environmental control system (ECS). Exterior noise can be tackled using high- end boundary element method (BEM) and FEM solvers. Spacecraft engineers can reduce the risk of their acoustic verification tests by evaluating them virtually in Simcenter 3D.
Automotive and transportation
During vehicle development and improvement pro-grams, the capabilities of Simcenter 3D can deliver noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) engineers with valuable insight into acoustic, vibro- acoustics and aero-acoustic noise contributions in the vehicle cabin and exterior environment.
Building powerful, high-quality speakers, silent vacuum cleaners and washing machines and other noise-free consumer goods requires advanced noise engineering and sound characterization features provided by Simcenter 3D.
Simcenter 3D acoustic modules provide the necessary features to evaluate machine-radiated noise, including capturing the effect of encapsulations with sound treatments.
Acoustic features of Simcenter 3D can be used to study complex underwater radiation from ship hulls, propel-lers and submarine hull reflections of sonar waves.
Simcenter 3D Meshing for Acoustics
Simcenter 3D Meshing for Acoustics software helps you create meshes for FEM and BEM acoustic analysis. The module provides user-friendly, leading-edge functional-ities to create an acoustic fluid mesh, both for interior as well as exterior acoustic applications, starting from an existing structural mesh or CAD geometry.
- Hybrid mesh and polygon-based coarsening, hole-filling and rib-removal tools
- Interior and exterior surface-wrapping technology based on input of CAD or CAE model
- Easy creation of convex outer boundary surface to construct FEM meshes for exterior acoustics
- Hybrid hex a dominant hexa and tetra mesher for fluid volumes facilitating efficient solving
- Shell mesh thickening (reverse of mid-surfacing) to derive the boundary surfaces of fluid cavities, which is useful for muffler and other fluid FEM meshes
Simcenter Nastran Advanced Acoustics
Simcenter Nastran Advanced Acoustics software pro-vides support for standard loads and boundary condi-tions, and key technologies like AML and FEMAO, to rapidly resolve acoustic simulations. It is well suited to study the acoustic radiation of components and pass-by noise of full vehicles, transmission loss of duct systems like intakes and exhausts or mufflers, and transmission loss of panels.
- Support standard loads and boundary conditions, as well as specific acoustic boundary conditions like duct modes and acoustic diffuse field (random) loads
- Pressure loads on structural surfaces from other acoustic or CFD analysis
- Porous and temperature-dependent fluid materials, frequency-dependent surface impedance and transfer admittance between pairs of surfaces
- Compute sound pressure, intensity and power for virtual microphones located inside or outside the meshed fluid volume
Simcenter 3D Acoustics BEM solver
The Simcenter 3D Acoustics BEM solver is used to pre-dict the acoustic response in both enclosed and unbounded domains using a mesh for only the bound-ary of the fluid domain. Vibro-acoustic analysis is sup-ported by coupling the acoustic fluid with a structural modal model. Structural vibrations can also be imposed on the BEM fluid using weak vibro-acoustic coupling.
- Direct and indirect acoustic uncoupled solutions
- Indirect vibro-acoustic, weakly coupled and strongly coupled solutions
- Deterministic as well as random acoustics and vibro-acoustics analysis
- Returns standard acoustic and structural response results
- Provides structural panel contributions and modal contributions to the acoustic pressure or power
Simofis Mühendislik ve Siemens, eğitim ve danışmanlık için destek sağlar.